There is a new beta version of MindManager 8.2 for Windows!
On November 5th, Mindjet introduced a beta version of MindManager 8 for Windows. We have a new build which you can download here: Download the beta now!
The development team have updated the beta to…
- work with all supported operating systems, including Windows 7
- resolve Mindjet Player publishing for corporate clients that had experienced proxy issues
- improve SharePoint check-in / check-out functionality
- update the Microsoft web service to work with Bing
For more info about this beta, you can also refer back to the original post.
Beta Program Details:
The beta program is open for all participants, both customers and the general public. You will not need a license key but the application will expire on January 15th, 2010.
Here are some noteworthy considerations for participants:
- If you’re using MindManager 8 for Windows currently, the beta version will replace the current version of your application. Please write down your license key before proceeding with the beta so you’ll have no issues after the reinstalling and validating your key after the program expires. Click ‘About MindManager’ which is found on your ‘Tools’ menu to see your license key.
- It’s possible to run the beta version concurrently with MindManager 6 and 7.
- When you install the beta, your add-ins will be associated with the beta release. They will not function with an earlier version if you’re running multiple concurrent versions.
- There is a possibility that 3rd party Add-ins will not work with Beta Release of MindManager 8.2 for Windows.
- Opening a MindManager map file (*.mmap) will default to the Beta Release of MindManager 8.2 for Windows.
- When you uninstall the Beta release, you will need to reinstall earlier versions of MindManager 8 for Windows, or repair the installation of the earlier version (version 6, version 7) of MindManager in order to re-associate the previous Add-ins and map files.
How to report an issue:
The feedback process is simple. Report any observed issues, problems, and provide any additional feedback for the duration of use.
The feedback we find most critical are any issues surrounding reliability, stability and readiness of product for the marketplace.
For this release, we’re still particularly interested in any issues with Windows 7, the new multi-touch capabilities (which requires special hardware to leverage), and saving maps directly into SharePoint.
Once an issue is detected, please login to your Mindjet ID and submit a case with your questions and/or feedback via our Technical Support Case form here.
Please follow the following steps to correctly identify your case:
- For Product Version, choose “MindManager 8 Windows”
- For Product Build, choose “8.2xxx Beta”
- For Operating System, please indicate if you are using Windows 7
Beta Download Instructions:
As a reminder, we suggest that you only install pre-release software on computers suitable for testing. Mindjet is not responsible for any data loss while using beta / pre-released versions of our software. If you experience any problems during the software download or installation, please contact our support team at blog.mindmanager.com/contactus.
Thanks for participating. We look forward to your feedback.