As Felicity said in our main post about Mindjet ProjectDirector, we’ve brought together over a decade of customer research and thousands of hours of analysis to create an end-to-end project management suite that helps your organization meet the challenges of today’s project teams. With ProjectDirector, you and your team can go from brainstorming to planning to execution in one integrated tool.
Let’s take a look at some of the new features in ProjectDirector:
Top Level Navigation for Faster Access
The first thing you’ll see when you login to ProjectDirector is the new top level tabs. These tabs provide a centralized navigation to navigate the app from any point of view:
- Projects – See all of your team’s projects from one global view
- Tasks – Latest progress and updates on tasks from across your team
- Library – Projects, file folders, and their related documents
- Contacts – All the team members and guests attached to your account
Along with the new tabs at the top, you’ll also immediately notice an integrated user interface that lets you see all your projects, tasks and files from one simplified view.
On the left you can navigate the folders and projects folders of your account. Select a project folder and see the relevant tasks in the second column. The larger third column shows the files and documents attached to the project and then on the right side you’ll see detail as you navigate your files to add or remove access to files.
New Guided Project Setup Wizard
Previously, setting up a new project meant jumping around inside the app to create a plan from a map, then uploading some files from the repository, then you’d have to go to another screen to add team members and then jump to another tab to start adding tasks.
We’ve streamlined the project creation process with the new Setup a Project button and project setup wizard. Now all the steps you take for creating a new project are all in one place. Click on the button and ProjectDirector takes you into a guided setup process to get your team up and running as fast as possible.
- Name your project
- Add team members, existing users already on your Mindjet account or new guest users. Team members will be given permission to everything in your project, including a project Task List that automatically gets created for you.
- Select a template for your map so you can start brainstorming and forming a project plan immediately
- Upload necessary project files like requirements documents or SOWs from your local file system or Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or Microsoft’s SkyDrive.
- Start working on your project from any point of view: start planning with the map, create and assign tasks, share and upload more files or add more team members.
There’s a lot of ‘stuff’ that goes into a project: files, documents, projects plans, maps, tasks – and all the people connected to them. That’s where projects come in. Projects contain all the information related to a project. Everyone on your team can access the project to easily find the latest versions of key files and documents – and the latest update on the project’s task list.
All of your old projects are still accessible from tasks lists in the Tasks view and your files are centralized in the Library.
Connect to the Cloud Services You Already Use
ProjectDirector’s Library also lets you bring in files and documents from existing cloud services like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or Microsoft’s SkyDrive.
All of your other file and folders are still available from the Library tab.
Task Syncing Between Maps and Tasks
Now when you create a task from a map, we’ve added the capability for tasks to be synced between the map and tasks in the Task view. One capability this allows is for you to have up-to-date project dashboards displayed in a map as you manage your tasks. It also allows you to make task updates in a map and have them reflected in the Tasks view.
More on the Way!
We hope you enjoy these new features in ProjectDirector – we’ve got a ton of great new stuff coming out soon and we can’t wait to share it with you.
All these features are automatically available for existing Mindjet for Business accounts and you can test-drive ProjectDirector with a free trial today.