If you don’t feel like you’re reaching your full potential at the office, you’re in quite a bit of company. Recent research conducted by our EMEA team found that roughly one third (32%) of office workers acknowledge the need to adjust their everyday behaviors, but 24% “haven’t got around to it” and 19% lack the motivation entirely.
Here at Mindjet, we’re taking it upon ourselves to help breathe life back into the crowd with a one-word call to action: change.
It’s in the air, especially at the beginning of the New Year, and it starts with you. As Ghandi (sort of) once said, be the change you want to see in your office.
- Do something that scares you. If you don’t take risks, you will never learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Don’t look back. It’s fruitless to dwell on how things used to be; focus on today’s opportunities and possibilities.
- Take a different route to an existing goal. Different approaches tend to yield different benefits.
- Empower others to act. Be transparent by telling your colleagues about your vision. Then, encourage them to join you.
- Take baby steps. Even the smallest change can have a huge impact.
Take the Pledge
We’re pledging to continue this theme of general betterment well into the year, and we invite you to pledge with us.
The Pledge: I pledge to be a change agent. I will be the difference I want to see in the workplace. I will encourage my colleagues to make small changes to their everyday routine so that together, we can push our organization forward.
Sign the pledge today for more weekly tips to lead the change in your organization.